DENTAL EMERGENCY? CALL OUR CHARLOTTE DENTIST NOW AT (704) 288-5428.
At Burley Cosmetic Dentistry, we understand that accidents happen and want to make sure you are prepared in the event of a dental emergency. On this page, you will find information about what constitutes a dental emergency and what to do when you have a problem that requires the immediate attention of a Charlotte family dentist. Our goal is to help you look and feel your best while helping you through any dental crisis.
WHAT ARE DENTAL EMERGENCIES?
It’s okay if you don’t know what constitutes a dental emergency! Our Charlotte dentists are here to help. If you are experiencing any of the following situations, please contact us. You are experiencing a dental emergency and need to be seen by our emergency dentist right away.
Emergency situations include:
- A loose tooth: A permanent adult tooth that is loose in its socket requires immediate attention. The sooner you see us, the better chance our emergency dentist has of saving the tooth.
- A missing tooth: If you have knocked out a tooth or it has fallen out for any reason, please protect the tooth until you can get to our office. We may be able to replace it.
- A broken or severely damaged tooth: We can help eliminate pain and possibly save your tooth, if you get to our office immediately.
- Tissue damage or bleeding: If you have a cut on your tongue, cheek, or gum, please come to our office right away. If you are experiencing excessive bleeding or a life-threatening situation, please go to the emergency room.
- Pain: If you are in pain, we consider that a dental emergency. Let us help you.
WHAT SHOULD I DO FOR DENTAL EMERGENCIES?
If you are experiencing any of the situations listed above, there are a few things you should do. First, call our dental clinic immediately. We can work you into our schedule on the same day, so you can be seen by a Charlotte family dentist. It is often essential to your oral health to be seen as soon as possible so we have the best chance of saving your tooth.
Need to make a call after hours? No problem. Leave a message and Dr. Burley will return your call, usually within 20 minutes. She will offer advice and additional instructions about what to do until you can be seen in our dental clinic.
In the meantime, it is important to protect the damaged tooth from harm. If the tooth has fallen out, do not touch the root. If pieces of your tooth have broken off and come out of your mouth, please secure these pieces until you get to our office. Try to stem any bleeding and go to the emergency room immediately if the situation becomes life-threatening.
If you are not experiencing a dental emergency, we can still work you into our schedule. For non-emergency appointments at our office, please contact Burley Dentistry by telephone at (704) 2885428 or send a message using our online form.